Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Getting My Car's USB to Recognize/Read my Android Phone's Music.

Hi,
    We have a 2009 Mini Cooper S and a 2014 Infiniti QX60. I previously had a Galaxy S2 which I could connect to my Cooper via USB and it would read my music, playlists and podcasts and play them on the car speakers. About a year ago it stopped doing that and I thought it was b/c the phone was so old. I eventually upgraded to Galaxy S5 now in April, and the car still will not recognize the phone, read my music, playlist and podcasts. I took it to dealership but they say it's an Android problem. Sure enough we bought the new Infiniti and I have the same problem. So frustrated b/c my husband's Iphone has no issues on either car. Before I try to take the Infiniti back to the dealer for help, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem or what I may be doing wrong with either car? Just to clarify, I have no issues with the Bluetooth picking up the phone's functions and making calls, but cannot get the audio system to recognize or read my files and play them. Please help :-) as Miami radio is killing me.

Default Re: Getting My Car's USB to Recognize/Read my Android Phone's Music.

I have the same issue on my 2013 Chevy Silverado with my new galaxy s5.. let me know if you get any way.. I am in Miami too . and even have Sirius radio and still want my music

It has to do with how the phones is recognized by the car head unit. Chances are that when you plug the usb into the head unit the phone sez connected as a media device which will not read music. You have have the car head unit read your phone as a "mass storage unit" in order for the cars head unit to play the music on the phone. To do this youll need a app called "mass storage enabler" which the cars head unit will think is a usb stick drive. Each app is device or user specific so read the description of each offering.
    The "infraction"

I just got an Infinti QX 60 have the same issue with my new LG G3. Phone works no problem. The bluetooth will pick up the audio but then it starts stop playing and start playing again randomly.

I'm having the same issue of music starting and stopping using bluetooth using a Motorola RazrMaxxHD streaming to my ford and to a Motorola S705 stereo headset. Both have been rendered useless. It worked perfectly for the 2 years before the KitKat update. After the update it stopped working correctly immediately. I read somewhere that at could have something to do with some new bluetooth standard for near field devices. Something like that. All I know is that kitkat ruined my phone and now I can't even get music to play correctly using a 3.5mm jack. Start playing and then it pauses the music. Only way to start it back up is unplugging and reinsert it. Works for a minute and does it again. Does it on every player I've tried. Extremely frustrated with kitkat.
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"

I read that the Moto X may also be having the same issue. Something to do with the new BLE standard. Bluetooth Low Energy. Has to be a KitKat software problem. Google or whomever please resolve this issue or we all might go iPhone 6 on your **** and kiss all this crap behind. Fix it!
    "When you turn your Android on, does it return the favor?"