Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S5- Getting the emails to Delete on BOTH Server and Phone

Hi,
    I have new Galaxy S5 and still have some old AOL email accounts synched to it. I am having issues when I delete on the phone, and then the phone syncs a bit later, and re-downloads all the emails i had just deleted. It doesn't do this all the time, but it does it the majority of times. Not sure how to properly set up the setting so when i delete on the phone it deletes on server too and does not re-download them to the phone 15 minutes later. Quite annoying especially because i receive tons of promotional emails and emails from listserves, that i am quickly glancing and deleting by headers. Can someone provide me some guidance as to what i may be doing wrong and why it does it some of the times but not all the times? It seems that when it re-synchs a little while later, it is as if the server had not yet received the message that i had read or deleted those emails, and it re-downloads them. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Galaxy S5- Getting the emails to Delete on BOTH Server and Phone

I just got the S5 and am having the same problem. The deleted emails come back overnight. They do not come back and the next refresh, so its impossible to know if you fixed this problem. Frankly this might be a deal killer for me and I may go with the HTC. I have tried a few email apps and each one has some negative issue. But the return of deleted emails is the worst. (also would like to have conversation mode where you can open a drop down to see all the emails, not have to open one to see the others)

Assuming the account settings are correct to delete from server, I found that ONLY swiping the email(s) to delete status followed by a Refresh would actually delete emails from me server.
    ...good luck

I ended up getting the HTC M8.It works.