- 1 Posts
Android Wifi Issue
I apologize if this is being posted in the incorrect sub-forum, feel free to move this thread.
I have an LG Viper LTE - with no phone service for about a month now.
My phone connected to Wifi perfectly, until the other day when I did a factory reset.
When I attempted connecting to my home network I get the following messages:
"Obtain IP address ..."
Is there something I need to do with the home network settings?
My computer shows it as inactive. I'm really lost on this & not sure what steps I need to take to enable a wifi connection again.
- 05-16-2014, 02:09 PM #2
- 797 Posts
Re: Android Wifi Issue
That's really odd. Obviously you can see the WiFi if you are attempting to connect.... The only two things that come to mind are resetting the router, by unplugging it and plugging it back in and trying again. If that fails, I might try another factory reset. Having just done one and being unable to connect to the internet you won't be loosing anything you haven't already lost. I've never known a device to lock you out just because it's not activated, but I also don't know your device.
Just curious does it ask you to connect to WiFi before or after it asks you to attempt to activate? It shouldn't matter I'm just wondering. Are you completing the setup until it puts you on the home screen? Again I don't think it shouldn't matter, just wondering. If you've tried either of these prior to your post or after please reply with what all you've tried.Sent from my HTCOX Fōn.
- 05-16-2014, 05:25 PM #3
- By Sira Veciana-Muino in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 09-11-2014, 10:33 AM
- By demarco5 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 7Last Post: 07-07-2014, 12:04 AM
- By Sekai_Index in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 14Last Post: 05-18-2014, 11:48 PM
- By LJ Washington in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 05-16-2014, 02:14 PM
- By androidthxx in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 05-16-2014, 07:53 AM