Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I backup/restore my Android data?

What will happen if I just copy everything on my old android phone using my pc and paste into my new phone?
  2. Best Answer

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but that won't work. What data are you trying to backup and restore? Remember that any data from Google apps (like contacts, Gmail, Google+ Photos) will be synced with your Google account in the cloud, so that will all sync with your new phone when you log in with the same account.

There are a number of backup and restore apps available. Helium is probably the most popular.

Default Re: How can I backup/restore my Android data?

Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, but that won't work. What data are you trying to backup and restore? Remember that any data from Google apps (like contacts, Gmail, Google+ Photos) will be synced with your Google account in the cloud, so that will all sync with your new phone when you log in with the same account.

There are a number of backup and restore apps available. Helium is probably the most popular.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/P3S6fTo.png[/IMG]