Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My data manager app?

I just installed this app for my uncle. He has a 1GB allowance, I've inputted his plan information and it all looks good. There was a limit option and I've entered 990MB, does this mean his Internet will cut off at this amount?
    Also, will the app autostart when the phone turns on.

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Best Answer

Also remember that the data the phone counts may or may not be the same as the data the carrier counts. They usually show more usage than the phone does. (It's not really cheating - the phone counts the number of bytes of actual "data" being transferred. The carrier counts the number of bytes being transferred through its facilities, which may include packet headers and other bytes not counted by the phone.)

Default Re: My data manager app?

Welcome to Android Central! What's the exact name of that app? Can you give us the link? See if the app description says anything about what happens when the limit is reached. You could also see if there is a webpage for the developer, because they often will have FAQs there.

What phone does your uncle have? Keep in mind that Android has a native function to limit mobile data within a data usage cycle that you can specify. Go to Settings/Wireless & Networks/Data Usage, make sure Mobile Data is on, and check "Set Mobile Data Limit." This will disable the mobile data connection when the limit you specify is reached within the usage cycle you specify.

Andrews

1) Go to settings and confirm an alarm, you will notice there is an option in there to disable data when you reach a certain threshold. You can set this to 1GB or to be safe, set the alarm slightly below your 1GB limit so you never go over.

2) The app runs automatically all the time. So you dont have to worry about running it when you turn your phone back on

I love this app - helps me stay away from overage charges

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ia.android.mdm
    andrewscool101 likes this.

Global Posts
    20,172 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Also remember that the data the phone counts may or may not be the same as the data the carrier counts. They usually show more usage than the phone does. (It's not really cheating - the phone counts the number of bytes of actual "data" being transferred. The carrier counts the number of bytes being transferred through its facilities, which may include packet headers and other bytes not counted by the phone.)