Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default PLEASE help me with widgets/favorites on lock screen (Galaxy S4)

I'm new to this site. hope I'm posting in the right area.

can someone PLEASE explain why you can't add widgets on the lock screen if you use any other security option besides "swipe". I see it in settings but once you lock the screen you can't view any widgets. so annoying
    I like having my camera on my lock screen
    Banned

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Re: PLEASE help me with widgets/favorites on lock screen (Galaxy S4)

Quote Originally Posted by LdyBg08 View Post
    I'm new to this site. hope I'm posting in the right area.

can someone PLEASE explain why you can't add widgets on the lock screen if you use any other security option besides "swipe". I see it in settings but once you lock the screen you can't view any widgets. so annoying
    I like having my camera on my lock screen
    The idea of a lockscreen is that nobody can use or examine your gear but you or with your consent. That gear includes your camera app(s), so that's behind the lockscreen too...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: PLEASE help me with widgets/favorites on lock screen (Galaxy S4)

I understand that but you just have to unlock the phone in order to use it. my galaxy nexus had this option. It looks like this phone has the option too but only if you choose "swipe" as your unlock feature. I want to be able to use it with the other security unlock features