Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry "note to self" to a category

Thanks in advance to all you wonderful folk who help us geezers!! Now I am glad my former students played electronic games!!

I am a Parkinson's guy who now is beginning to need verbal reminders. I LOVE the android note to self, and I use it on "KEEP". I know how to change default destination. But is there a way to send it to a particular category within Keep...say "grocery". In the back recesses of my declining brain I "think" I saw "some" app where you could say "note to grocery" or "note to office"??
    Any help would, or course, be sent a warm thought.
    Bill

Global Posts
    20,815 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: "note to self" to a category

Welcome to the forums.
    Keep can act as a dictation note. At the top you hit the microphone, and speak what you want Keep to write. Is this what you mean?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: "note to self" to a category

]Sorry for the delay, I thought I had replied, but I guess not. Not exaclty what I meant. I am an experienced user of KEEP, on phone, tablet, Chromebook, and PC running chrome..

I know you can do the mic...also I can simply say "note to self" since I use Google+. Works Great.

But what I cannot figure is...when I do it like above it seems to send my note to the very first category which I have...
    Say Category 1=shopping
    and category 2= church

It seems to send all my verbal "note to self" under the "shopping" category, which I then have to change manually if I need to.

There IS another entirely separate app ( forget which one) where you can indeed say "note to self" "category church" " church is early this week".

I do not know if ability is native to the app ONLY ( which I forgot) or is native to Android and I don't know how to do it.

Never seen this question asked.
    For any help, I thank you, and if you don't have an answer, where should I post?
    Again, thanks[/COLOR][/SIZE]