Galaxy Y battery discharging very fast
First of all, hello all!
I own a Galaxy Y, which I haven't used since an year, because of a problem that had developed then, until now when I wanted to use it again.
About the phone:
I had rooted the phone earlier, and put in a custom ROM called Jelly Blast v2.0. Later one day, the phone's battery died overnight, and then it discharged really fast, like 3% in 1 minute. So I flashed the stock ROM with Odin, and unrooted the phone. The problem persisted. Whenever I charged the phone, it became hot like hell, and charged 1% in 10 minutes or so. Then I stopped using it, until now. I checked the battery with a multimeter, and it showed 0.00v, that is fully discharged. So I grabbed a cut-off USB cable, plugged it into my PC, and charged the battery up to 3.66v ghetto style.
Plugging it into my phone, it showed 1% charge. Checking the battery again after instant removal, it showed 3.48v.
I don't know what's going wrong, but I don't think it is the hardware. The problem should be in the software. Earlier, i had resetted it in CWM, and removed cache. Also, I had removed the battery stats. I don't know if that is the problem.
So what should I do? Please help.
- 05-19-2014, 01:18 AM #3
Re: Galaxy Y battery discharging very fast
Charging a fully discharged lithium ion battery is also known as lighting fuse - the battery can catch fire or even explode. You were lucky,m it got hot, but not hot enough to explode, probably because it's all dried out inside. Find a place that recycles batteries, drop this one off there and buy a new one. Contrary to your diagnosis, the battery is the problem. (Charging the battery "ghetto style" is also known as taking your life in your hands.)
You are one very lucky person. I used to know a few people who tried the things you've done. One was lucky and only lost 3 fingers. The other 2 have nice headstones.
Ask Sony about what happens to lithium ion batteries that go bad. They have a nice hole in their bottom line because a few people had batteries go bad in their pockets. (Molten metal running down your leg ruins your whole day.)
You remind me of someone who claimed that he had lightning-proofed his house. It cost him thousands to replace the appliances ruined when the house was struck by a leader.
Please stop playing with fire - you're not fireproof.
- By ahmedbatty in forum Samsung Galaxy NoteReplies: 1Last Post: 05-31-2014, 11:27 AM
- By tonyr6 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 6Last Post: 05-24-2014, 05:24 PM
- By LdyBg08 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 05-20-2014, 01:04 PM
- By Tom Dean in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 05-18-2014, 01:21 AM
- By hoddy4 in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 0Last Post: 05-17-2014, 09:09 PM