Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cricket wireless?

I saw the new deals with the new AT&T Owned cricket wireless. Does anyone know if their service/rates/speeds are good? I'm currently on TMO and would save a boatload going to their service. Coverage map looks way better than my current situation and I'm assuming 8mbps lte and 4 for HSPA+ would be sufficient but wanted to see if anyone else had tried it yet.

Global Posts
    13,293 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Cricket wireless?

Quote Originally Posted by medic7603 View Post
    I saw the new deals with the new AT&T Owned cricket wireless. Does anyone know if their service/rates/speeds are good? I'm currently on TMO and would save a boatload going to their service. Coverage map looks way better than my current situation and I'm assuming 8mbps lte and 4 for HSPA+ would be sufficient but wanted to see if anyone else had tried it yet.
    There are a few Cricket Wireless threads in the Carrier forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sea...archid=7608127

Take a look and see if there is any information that would give you better insight on the carrier before making the jump.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Clicked that link comes up with nothing found. Searched already and not a lot out there yet. Just seeing what else might be out there.

Global Posts
    31,339 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Also check out some independent sites like Root metrics or sensorly to see user provided data for coverage. Keep in mind, since they are user fed, you may not see results in your area, due to no one providing data to the sites. But sometimes, it can reveal the true signal quality in the area.

How does this link work: Other US Carriers - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
    medic7603 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

That one works. Thanks for the suggestions.