Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't access BlinkFeed through Nova Launcher Prime - HELP?

First off, I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong section as I'm new to the forums/site as I only recently switched back to Android. Moving along, I went and got myself an HTC One M8 and I'm absolutely loving it. My problem lies within accessing BlinkFeed through Nova Launcher Prime. The internet generally outlines the creation of a shortcut through Nova's Activities and applying it to either the home button or through gestures but MY problem comes when I enter into Nova Activities, scroll down to the list of HTC icons and "HTC Sense" is not listed. I've searched on both the default (BlinkFeed) launcher as well as Nova. "HTC Blinkfeed" is an option, but when I try to long press on any of the listed icons my "permission is denied". Has anyone else experienced this issue? Where has my "HTC Sense" option gone? If anyone could walk me through recovering or recreating it and ultimately getting BlinkFeed onto my new launcher I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
    Last edited by Golfdriver97; 09-24-2014 at 10:10 AM.
  2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by NikoFar23 View Post
    First off, I apologize in advance if I posted this in the wrong section as I'm new to the forums/site as I only recently switched back to Android. Moving along, I went and got myself an HTC One M8 and I'm absolutely loving it. My problem lies within accessing BlinkFeed through Nova Launcher Prime. The internet generally outlines the creation of a shortcut through Nova's Activities and applying it to either the home button or through gestures but MY problem comes when I enter into Nova Activities, scroll down to the list of HTC icons and "HTC Sense" is not listed. I've searched on both the default (BlinkFeed) launcher as well as Nova. "HTC Blinkfeed" is an option, but when I try to long press on any of the listed icons my "permission is denied". Has anyone else experienced this issue? Where has my "HTC Sense" option gone? If anyone could walk me through recovering or recreating it and ultimately getting BlinkFeed onto my new launcher I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance
    Welcome to the forums and back to Android.
    Sense is no longer the title of HTC's launcher. It is now called Blinkfeed. And, it is tied to only that, no other launcher can replicate it.

Global Posts
    21,661 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Can't access BlinkFeed through Nova Launcher Prime - HELP!

Thank you in advance
    Sense is no longer the title of HTC's launcher. It is now called Blinkfeed. And, it is tied to only that, no other launcher can replicate it.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    That would certainly explain it! Thanks for the clarification, although it is slightly disappointing that there is now a cross roads of sorts between having to choose between launchers/features. I guess I can swap back and fourth for now until something new comes to light, thank you kindly!

Global Posts
    21,661 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

That would certainly explain it! Thanks for the clarification, although it is slightly disappointing that there is now a cross roads of sorts between having to choose between launchers/features. I guess I can swap back and fourth for now until something new comes to light, thank you kindly!
    No sweat. See you around the forums.

Sent from my One M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here