- 77 Posts
Question about caches vs. cache partition
I am just wondering... is going into recovery mode and deleting/clearing the cache partition the same thing as going thru your apps manually in the app manager and clearing the caches, or is it something different?
Just curious if it makes sense to do both or if theyre one and the same.
- 05-21-2014, 12:53 AM #2
Re: Question about caches vs. cache partition
They're different. The app caches are simply temporarily stored data for each app. The system cache partition holds various temporary system data, most notably downloaded .apk installer files for apps you install from Google Play.
- By iokakazuto in forum Phone WarsReplies: 8Last Post: 06-09-2014, 07:00 PM
- By RobGG in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 8Last Post: 05-25-2014, 10:10 PM
- By nokia4life in forum Google Play StoreReplies: 7Last Post: 05-21-2014, 06:26 PM
- By JenTDOT in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 05-21-2014, 09:45 AM
- By newtda513 in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-20-2014, 10:20 PM