Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Applications move to phone storage instead of sd card...

I have searched the forum but could not find help. Please give me link if there is some other thread addressing same issue.
    My problem is that when I install any app from google play, it installs on internal storage. If I want to move it to sd card, the only option available is move to phone storage. I have selected SD Card as default write disk. The attached pics show all relevant details.

Default Re: Applications move to phone storage instead of sd card...

Welcome to Android Central! I would guess that your phone's onboard storage is partitioned into two areas--one for app installation (usually called App Storage) and one for general data storage (variably called Internal SD or Internal Storage). This doesn't count the physical SD card, which is usually called External SD. When moving an app to SD, the SD in question is usually the INTERNAL SD, not the external.

So in your case, your Phone Storage and Internal Storage probably represent App Storage and Internal SD (although it might be vice versa). You usually can't move an app to the external SD.

See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-warnings.html

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

IN CASE YOU'RE WONDERING, I'll be on vacation from 7/27 to 8/13, with only intermittent web access. So if you don't see me around much, don't worry, I didn't defect to another site or anything like that.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Applications move to phone storage instead of sd card...

You understood exactly what I asked but I needed an answer to the following question:
    How can I solve the problem?
    I went to the warranty shop, they solved the problem but erased every thing. They told me that there is a file in OS which solves the problem. Later on another occasion my phone got OS reinstalled due to freezing problem. Now the apps problem has come again.. I dont want to erase all data and get OS installed again. I know that will solve the problem but that is a time consuming process..