Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Galaxy S4 SGH-i337 Refuses to Re-root

Ages ago I rooted my phone using a method described online, putting a file(an archive, I believe) on my SD card and using Android Terminal Emulator to activate it, which rooted the phone and installed SuperSU. Everything was all fine and dandy for a while, until I started getting the whole "SIM card has been removed" error, which is incredibly annoying. I decided to unroot the phone so I could take it into AT&T and get it serviced, so I used the command in SuperSU to unroot the phone. However, since I don't mess with Android phones as much as I used to, I forgot about the binary counter. So now my S4 is unrooted, but still displays the "custom" unlocked symbol on startup and says that it is a custom version in the settings, while the phone is completely unrooted. When I try to re-root it to reset the counter, it always fails. I've tried .bat files such as motochopper and something like 3-5 different versions of ODIN and it always fails, specifically ODIN fails on the "AUTH" section. I just want to get my phone back to stock firmware so I can get it fixed. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!