Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy New installs defaulting to internal memory

I bought an LG F70, swapped my old SD card into it, and cleared the card with the in-phone option. Newly installed installed apps are going straight into the phone's internal memory, and I can't seem to find an option in the system settings or play store to change the location to the SD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: New installs defaulting to internal memory

You running KitKat. KitKat doesn't use the SD card the same.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tietz View Post
    I bought an LG F70, swapped my old SD card into it, and cleared the card with the in-phone option. Newly installed installed apps are going straight into the phone's internal memory, and I can't seem to find an option in the system settings or play store to change the location to the SD.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Welcome to the forums!

Apps are automatically installed to the /data partition on the internal memory. In order to install to the external SD Card you will need to go into settings > applications > app (whichever you want to move) and see if there is an option "move to sd". Note that this will not move the entire App data, but only a portion of it.

Also, as mentioned above, there has been changes to the way KitKat handles external SD Cards, so there may be issues moving Apps if the option is available.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies. I have been manually transferring them, but didn't realize the issue was with KitKat. Happy Memorial Day!