New installs defaulting to internal memory

Chris Tietz

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought an LG F70, swapped my old SD card into it, and cleared the card with the in-phone option. Newly installed installed apps are going straight into the phone's internal memory, and I can't seem to find an option in the system settings or play store to change the location to the SD.

Any help would be appreciated.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I bought an LG F70, swapped my old SD card into it, and cleared the card with the in-phone option. Newly installed installed apps are going straight into the phone's internal memory, and I can't seem to find an option in the system settings or play store to change the location to the SD.

Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forums!

Apps are automatically installed to the /data partition on the internal memory. In order to install to the external SD Card you will need to go into settings > applications > app (whichever you want to move) and see if there is an option "move to sd". Note that this will not move the entire App data, but only a portion of it.

Also, as mentioned above, there has been changes to the way KitKat handles external SD Cards, so there may be issues moving Apps if the option is available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech