Device manager does not find my phone

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
The 'find my android' at device manager does not work. I have an gmail acconunt, i have activated location reporting, it is turned on and connected to wifi and the mobile service, and it' lying on the table in front of me. still it's not shown on the map, and nothing happens when i press 'call button' (on the map). What is wrong/ missed in the settings?

Please help! :-$

Edit: I'm using a samsung S5

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi.
The 'find my android' at device manager does not work. I have an gmail acconunt, i have activated location reporting, it is turned on and connected to wifi and the mobile service, and it' lying on the table in front of me. still it's not shown on the map, and nothing happens when i press 'call button' (on the map). What is wrong/ missed in the settings?

So I assume you have it ticked under the device administrators settings as well ?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

Well, I am experiencing the same thing yesterday but now it seems to be working fine. I'll say that try checking the same again It should be working fine now !!

Jellal

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

Hi, you can go to your settings and go to your security if you have, hope it works.

makaka

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Go to Google settings app (note it is different from just Settings which is for the itself). Find Android device manager and check remote locate and remote lock & erase if you wish. In Google settings get to Location and check location access. By now you should be set. Go to www.android.com/devicemanager and sign in. Wait for a while Google finds your phone(s).
And note that if your phone goes to sleep, it usually takes longer to connect to it and locate (10-15 min).

shelquis

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi Anders. Like you, Android Device Manager won't do anything from the pc, while it seems to work normally from the phone itself. I don't see any answers to your (our) problem in the replies, but I wondered if you have found the solution? Please post it if so. If not, I'll stay subscribed to this topic in hopes somebody knows how to get Device Manager to work from the pc like it does from the phone.

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I can find my phone loging on from both my brother and fathers phone, hence the problem must lay in the computer.
But the problem is not realy a problem, since I can use one of their phones if I need to find mine.
I have no clue what the problem in the computer might be.

shelquis

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply Anders. Since I don't have a brother or father whose phone I can use, please leave your thread unanswered. Hopefully someone with the appropriate knowledge will reply with suggestions that will solve the problem.

Labradorite

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem.

It turned out to be one of those embarrassing moments when I realized the problem.

I too tried all the items posted by others here and elsewhere.

When I finally read everything on the Android Device Manager Help screen I realized my problem.

I use my PC to install apps from play. I just find it so much faster and easier to see. Problem was every time I would attempt to install an app on my tablet from there the phone would be the first thing to show up. It got annoying so I went to see if there was a way to change the default device.

Didn't find that but did find a way to hide the device. That was my problem.

Here is the last paragraph:

Devices that are hidden on Google Play

If you hide a device on Google Play, the device won’t appear in Android Device Manager. You can hide or show devices on Google Play by going to play.google.com/settings and selecting a device in the Visibility column.

I hope this helps.

Guilly

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem until I realized that I was using Juice Defender.

Maybe you are as well using other apps that make the battery lasts longer but disable many of the phones features when the screen is off such as the MOBILE NETWORKS and GPS.

After I uninstalled it, everything worked smoothly

Hope it helps

Bernie Silberstein

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I have an S5 and Android manager is able to locate my phone from a computer when the phone WIFI is on and connected to the internet. If I switch the wifi off (but still have internet access via my 3G network) then I can't locate the phone. Any suggestions?

dandb

Jan 25, 2016
Visit site
I had a problem where it appeared Find My Phone was working, it would say Ringing, but I wouldn't hear anything on my phone. Turns out I had Notification Volume turned down. It can be turned back up with Volume button / settings gear / Notifications slider - duh.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63