Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default All the sudden my home button keeps asking me which launcher, disregarding my "always"...

Happened maybe a handful of days ago. So just now i removed my adw launcher, power cycled and reinstalled, now it's not doing it *every* time but it's still doing it randomly.
    Banned

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: Yikes. All the sudden my home button keeps asking me which launcher, disregarding my "always"...

Have you tried to force stop the other launchers?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Yikes. All the sudden my home button keeps asking me which launcher, disregarding my "always"...

ohhh. hmmm. can i do that to the default launcher without any issues? I removed the only other launcher i had, Nova. But now it's asking me adw or the native one.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

drat, i figured it out. After i added Swipe pad, which was awesome, it asked me which launcher every time i hit the home button. Then once i removed and reinstalled ADW, it only asked me which launcher from apps i'd opened with Swipe pad. . boooo. Swap pad was cool. booooo. Swipe pad be the culprit.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: All the sudden my home button keeps asking me which launcher, disregarding my "always"...

Wait, newp, that's not it either, derp, i just installed swipe pad today. lol. And now it's still doing it even from apps not gotten to by Swipe pad, which i've switched off.
    Banned

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts

Default Re: All the sudden my home button keeps asking me which launcher, disregarding my "always"...

Yes. If you force stop the default launcher, there shouldn't be any issues. Maybe clear defaults on the stock launcher as well.

Global Posts
    19,879 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Selecting another launcher as always should clear default on the current default launcher automatically. If it doesn't, there's a firmware problem.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Random. Seems fine now. At some point my phone stating bugging out and had 2 adw launch pads and I couldn't get back to the original. I reset launcher choice from settings and now its fine. Lol. Phew! Thanks all.

Posted via Android Central App