Please read, I believe I sloved the delayed sms problem!!

J2Bean212

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi Everyone, I think I can save the day here for all of us! Im no tech savy verizon genius, but apparently im smarter than all of them..;)
so this problem got me thinkn its a memory issue due to the fact that it doesn't delay right when u get the phone, it takes a month or two. Its like the phone slows down the more you use it. Its actually just like ur computer, it slows down cuz the browser collects lil data, cookies, each website u go to, without u knowing it, it builds up over time, and slows cuz of memory loss. So I figured, what the hell, its just like a comp, we use the browser, so I searched around for where the memory storage is monitored...this is what I did:
(1) go to settings (2) go to applications (3) manage applications (4) running applications this shows u allll the stuff that's currently running, kid of like the task manager on ur computer (5) go thru and find browser (6) select it and scroll down to cache, it will most likely show u alot of memory, then clear it by hitting clear cache..it will then read as '0.00B' (7) go thru everything and clear all caches that have anything but zero, and u can even uninstall things u don't use that eat up memory, but donnnt delete anything if u don't know what it is! And u can also 'force stop' programs u don't use too (8) once your finished, shutdown, remove battery, remove sd card, wait thirty seconds, put it all back, and restart (9) go directly to text messaging and send a cooperative friend :) a text, but put the time in parenthesis at the end, and see if they get it right away, then have them reply putting the time at the end of theirs too. Once you send a few and realize its on time,,,PROBLEM SOLVED! !!!
take that verizon, it took a bio major single mom to figure this out before ur geek squad! Lol!
I did this an hour ago..seems to have worked, but it may only be short term fix, but im just gonna keep clearing my cached items every so often, and I should be allset!
Hope I could help u guys!!! It was driving me insane too! If u want, u can always send me a happy donation to express ur thanks ;)

With lots of smarts and genius
J2Bean212

karmiccalamity

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Or you can turn your phone off and hold the home key as you turn it on then quickly tap the search key then go clear cache and reboot :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

user7618

May 17, 2010
Visit site
There are also cache cleaners in the market that do it in about 5 seconds with one button push.

Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Froyo on Hero action here!

J2Bean212

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Yea reboot never worked for me either, that's why I tried clearing the browser cache..I posted that a couple days ago, my phones worked fine ever since..I don't know if just holding the power button like karmiccalamity, but I just have the droid2, not the incredible or the x, so I don't know if they work the same or not..im sure there's apps to help, what I did, sounds like it takes awhile, but it really only takes four seconds, and I haven't had to reboot ot remove the battery, jus clear cache at the end of each day, and im good..like I said, maybe a short term fix, just trying to help people cuz I knew it was driving me crazy..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance