Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Apprentis
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Recipient keeps being added on receiving text messages.

Hi all,
    Pleasure to jump on the Android bandwagon and meet you all.
    I have just recently moved to Android using an HTC1 M8. I have been searching the forum for last couple of hours and didnt find any solution to my problem:
    I have synchronised all my contact/messages saved on my I-tune through the HTC sync manager. Everything seemed to be ok, however after a while I noticed that when I was texting on single recipient, people were added to the recipient list on reply.
    So basically I am texting Mr A and when Mr A replies to me Mr B and Mr C gets added automatically to the conversation. This means I cannot reply directly to the message without Pissing Mr B and Mr C off. What I am doing just now to reply to Mr A is to go back to my contact app, find Mr A and send a message from there. You can imagine this is a real pain and dont really understand what could drive this. It might be worthwile stating that on my previous phone I probably sent a group message to mr A, B and C at some point.

Also, I am using the stock messaging App. I tried using "whats app" and got the same issue.

I would be very gratefull is someone coud help solve this issue.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Recipient keeps being added on receiving text messages.

Hi, I have not managed to solve the issue.
    Is anybody got an advice or should I move my question to a more relevant part of the forum maybe?

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

It's seems like there is an issue with the way sms threads were copied to the M8 from your old device. Have you deleted the thread that currently includes A, B & C recipients? If not, do that and see if that resolves your problem. Also, where you perhaps using an iPhone previously with iMessage? That could also be causing the conflict, so I would suggest going into iMessage and signing out/disable it.

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thank skrmagnus.
    Apologies for the late reply; my phone was stolen while "trialing" your suggestion. (Yip, Barcelona is awesome but watch your pockets....)
    However, I can let you know that deleting the contacts and re-saving them didnt work; same for deleting the threads.

Since then, I got a replacement through insurance and it has been working fine.

Thanks again
    srkmagnus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentis View Post
    Thank skrmagnus.
    Apologies for the late reply; my phone was stolen while "trialing" your suggestion. (Yip, Barcelona is awesome but watch your pockets....)
    However, I can let you know that deleting the contacts and re-saving them didnt work; same for deleting the threads.

Thanks again
    I was in Barcelona once, for just a single day, and I was robbed.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Apprentis View Post
    Thank skrmagnus.

Thanks again
    It's unfortunate to hear about your stolen device. However, glad to hear it was replaced and all seems to be working well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app