Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default All-in-one Screen Recording

I'm looking for someone to help me come up with an all-in-one way to record my screen on android. I want to be able to record, edit and upload to YouTube if possible. Also, I need to be able to record both my devices sound, and microphone sound (this is the hardest part). At the moment, I'm using an app called SCR, but it can only record internal OR external. Not both at the same time. Anybody have any suggestions? I really don't have to record audio separately if I don't have to.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: All-in-one Screen Recording

Alot of the youtubers just record the voice track at the same time as they record their phone screen then combine them after.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I know. That'd just require me to be in my room with my computer, and then I have to transfer everything. Unless you know of a way to record both game audio and mic audio separately on android.

Posted via Android Central App

The main problem is that as far as I know most phones only have one audio device channel for media(everything but phone calls) and one for communication(phone calls only). You require 2 audio capture channels to record both and only have access to the media channel. I also believe there is a missing API in Android for the function also but I could be wrong.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've got the Samsung Galaxy S5. Does that have multiple audio channels? Even if it's a hacked method? I am rooted by the way.

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts
    ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

It's not so much a hacked method as it is whether there's an API to grab what's coming in on the phone's mic. If there isn't, you can't record what's coming in on it.

And if there is one, someone would have to write an app that would record the video, the media sound and the phone mic sound. It's not something you can hack into an existing app without more knowledge than you'd need to write the app in the first place. (To add a hack you not only have to be able to write the code, you have to be able to figure out someone else's code - and in some cases, that takes a bit of mind reading. You look at the code and think "there's no way this code can do xyz". But the original dev knew something you don't, or had something else set up somewhere else, that made this seemingly nonsense code work. Writing an operating system is a lot easier.)
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Wouldn't it theoretically be possible without an API though? As long as the hardware supports it, even if it includes flashing a custom ROM it should be possible, right?