I want to Root and install a custom ROM on my ACER A500

An-Droid-M

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
OK in a nutshell I own an ACER A500 that my kids use. Recently I noticed that the available space on it was full and it was running sluggish so I decided to do a factory reset which ran fine. Now that I have dine this it got me thinking that updating the ROM might not be a bad idea. The thing us I have never done this before so I started to do some research. Honestly I know my way around the block but I'm finding my self in unfamiliar territory. So I have a few questions.

Do I have to root the tablet first before installing a custom ROM.

Is there anything else I should do when I Root and or install a custom ROM (additional download and installs).

What is a good custom ROM for the A500. I have searched around and can't seem to find a clear answer for this. Any suggestion would help. There is one by IconiaHD that seems to be a good fit but I'm not shore.

What if anything will I loose when I do this. I already know rooting wipes out the warranty but the A500 is long in the tooth so I'm not worried there. I'd just hate to loose certain features on the tablet that I was not expecting to loose.

Like I said I've done some research on this but I'm not completely clear on everything. So I'm asking for some advice.

Posted via Android Central App

An-Droid-M

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanx I was posting via the app and did not find that forum. After poking around didn't see anything that helped. But I'll repost there as well. Hoping to get some insight and advice doesn't have to be specific to the tablet just general rooting or ROM advice might help....

Posted via Android Central App