Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Phone says its done charging, when I take it out it goes down to about 40%

For about 4 months my phone worked just fine and then about since the last 2 months it hasn't been charging correctly, its always taken along time to charge but now it says its done charging, (100%) and then when I unplug my phone it goes straight down to about 40%. My charger works but does that, and my dads charger wont even work. When I took it into T-Mobile it charge from 34% to 40% in 12 minutes, but at my house that would take me more than an hour. I just got a brand new battery, and don"t know what to do. Any suggestions? I need help fast!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah I am under T-Mobile's Family Plan through Walmart and have the Galaxy S3.

Default Re: Phone says its done charging, when I take it out it goes down to about 40%

Welcome to Android Central! Was this happening with the old battery? If not, then the new battery might be defective. Can you try swapping it into a different S3 and see if it exhibits the same behavior?

Posted via Android Central App--please excuse the brevity and any typos!