Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Insufficient Storage Available 600mg free, Moto G.

I've been getting this problem lately. I recently purchased a Moto G. Occasionally, whenever I try downloading a small app (could be as small as a 1.5mg app) I get this error when it tries to install. I have about 570 megs free according to storage and have no idea why it is doing this.

It doesn't seem to make sense because if delete an app (I deleted reddit is fun app) it then allows me to download and install multiple different apps ranging in size from 1-7 megs. I re-downloaded and installed reddit is Fun app as well... So it really makes no sense why it would be doing this and have me delete an app to install other apps and the app it forced me to delete to install other apps with 600 megs free.

I'm not really all that happy with the Moto G. It has strange problems like bringing no numbers when I try to dial a number. (have to hit back and hit the dialpad twice to bring up the numbers finally). Or it freezes when I try to open USB Audio player after having it opened once. So I will most likely ditch this phone soon. But in the meantime it would be nice if I could correct these issues.

Default Re: Insufficient Storage Available 600mg free, Moto G.

Welcome to Android Central! Keep in mind that the filesize of an app listed in Google Play does not reflect its true size once you install it. The true size is usually bigger, and the app may also download additional files after it is installed. It may be that the other apps you tried to install after deleting that Reddit-related app don't need quite as much space.

600 MB of free space is not that much, and Android will give you warnings once you hit a certain prespecified threshold. Have you tried wiping all of your app caches using an app like App Cache Cleaner?

Another thing to try is to wipe the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data:

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
    2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
    3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select

Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
    5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
    Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
    6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
    7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to Wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to select this option
    8. When done, select Reboot system now.

do you know where can i find this pre-specified threshold value?

thanks

Welcome to Android Central! I can't say for sure, but I think system info apps like Android System Info might be able to show it. I used to use this app, and seem to remember something about low memory threshold info.