Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Centura...

I got this phone for my mom back in January because she accidentally broke hers. Let me tell you, this phone has been the slowest POS I've ever seen!! Probably worse than one of those "antique" brick Nokia phones connected to dial-up would be. -_-

Well anyways.. Enough bashing.. lol. Today it kept freezing up apparently, and she just turned it off and now it won't turn back on. I have it on the charger right now and it's not doing anything really. The screen keeps randomly flashing white and then it goes back to back. She's taken the battery out and put it back in twice (and then I did it once) and the only way I can get it to do anything is if I take the battery out and leave it out and then plug the phone in (no battery) and try to turn the phone on.. Then it vibrates and starts flashing a battery thing. But if I put the battery in, it doesn't do anything. -_-

Before now, her battery was working fine (it wasn't losing charge fast or anything like that). I don't know how to log into that reboot mode thing on her phone (her "Home" button is just a flat spot on the phone screen, not a button if that makes any difference).

I don't know how to do anything on Androids anymore since I switched over to the "dark side" last year (sorry lol), can anyone help my mom? She can't afford a new phone right now and neither can I after just paying tuition. :/

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Centura...

Welcome to Android Central! Batteries can suddenly fail, so I would suggest trying a new replacement battery. A quick and dirty test is to take the battery out, place it on a table, and try to spin it. If it spins freely, it's bulging in the middle, which means it's definitely gone bad. But even if it doesn't spin, it's still worth trying a new battery.

The other thing to consider is to remove the microSD card (if present), because sometimes a corrupted card can cause all manner of craziness.