How to do a factory reset without losing applications/settings?

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Since updating to Froyo on my Droid X, I've noticed my camera's autofocus won't work at all. I first noticed this because the barcode scanner can't read bar codes anymore because they are too blurry. I want to try a factory wipe to see if that fixes it. I just did a factory wipe 2 weeks ago and it erased all of my applications and settings and was a huge pain to reinstall everything. Is there a way to backup these apps, so I can just automatically re-download them after I do the wipe? Thanks for any help.

karmiccalamity

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
you can send all you apps to sd card as for settings no real way to save them that i know of...however you may be better to loose all your app i know its a pain in the *** but it could be one of your apps that is messing with the camera

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I never even considered that one of the apps could affect the camera. Where do I find instructions for sending them to my SD card? I don't mind downloading them all again. I just don't want to have to recreate all my home screens and icons. Will i have to do that?

karmiccalamity

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain... when i wiped my phone I wrote down where all my apps go that made it pretty easy and quick to put them all back

Apps to sd card: settings. Applications then open the menu for each app and press move to sd

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted, Titanium Backup has an option to backup files and settings. Thing is, if this is done, a factory reset is execute and you restore the files, are you not back in the same sinking ship?

Dapo Ajiboye

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm just trying to pass on a Tablet to a friend but she needs to use my apps.
It seems like I can't remove my gmail account without a reset that means loosing the apps.
Is there any other way?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm just trying to pass on a Tablet to a friend but she needs to use my apps.
It seems like I can't remove my gmail account without a reset that means loosing the apps.
Is there any other way?
There is no way you can transfer your apps from your google account to another account. It's a protective feature google has in place to prevent app piracy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2