Google map voice navigation

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
When you search for directions on a map, on the bottom panel (where it shows you the estimated time and distance for your trip), you'll see a "START" button with an arrow. That's the Navigation button. Start that and, as long as you're using GPS for location services, it'll fire up Turn-by-Turn Voice Guidance. Should you want to mute the virtual gal telling you what to do as you drive/walk/ride, just tap the menu button (or the three dots on the right of the bottom panel) and select "MUTE VOICE GUIDANCE".

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. My problem seems to be that I went directly to Google Maps instead of using Google search now. I think I got it to work. Thank you again.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand why when I'm in my house it speaks when I get into my car it does not speak.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Last edited:

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
No, I put it in one of the cup holders or its in my purse. It's synced to my car, though but I don't think that would cause the problem do you? I get phone calls through it fine.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Digging a little deeper into this I found some old posts where the problem has been found to be the Bluetooth connection that is causing the problem.

There is supposed to be a workaround that supposedly will make it work but I'm writing this from bed and I'm not going out to my car in a thunderstorm to try it right now.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm guessing it's the Bluetooth link. I'm not sure if there's an individual volume setting for the system sound or not, but that MIGHT be the issue.

Vsweety

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why when I'm in my house it speaks when I get into my car it does not speak.

In your house you're connected to the internet via WiFi. In your car you're connected to the internet via your mobile network. Maybe you have Mobile Data disabled?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I turned on hands free this morning and it worked. I also think part of the problem is that my volume on my FM radio is usually nearly off. I don't listen to much radio. However when phone calls come through they blast me out. I guess I'm relegated to putting my Garmin in my car when I need a GPS.

Notes from Deb's Note 3

Welli DS

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung note II, my best friend has A Samsung S4
Navigation has no voice.
I enabled everything under Text to voice, I am using Google. I downloaded the new
voice. No matter what we do , navigation has no voice/sound
same for my friends S4
Basically Navigation has become useless without turn to turn voice.
How do we fix this ?
Thank you.

eddiebhoy

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
when I open googlemaps and looking for a street etc , my voice doesn't work at all and even though I goto bottom right of screen press it and see where it says voice , although its switched on no voice works , so how did you get it to work did you goto googlemaps from google as I use the actual app
, your reply would be deeply appreciated ty

Welli DS

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Mine still does not work no matter what I do . Everything is enabled , voice is downloaded. It always worked fine until I used it yesterday with no luck.
I wonder is someone in here will help us figure this out...

Eric Rhodes1

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Google maps broke on my S3 after the last update. Not only does voice ONLY work when it tells me "GPS signal lost" (which it does almost immediately) but my location and direction is WAY off. No one seems to be addressing the update having broken Google Maps.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that it seems to be isolated to Samsung phones. My Nexus 5 is running the latest version of Maps and working fine.

If you go to System Settings -> Accessibility -> Text-to-speech output are you able to get it to play with Listen to an example?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol