Does she or doesn't she?

mulvene

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Root her phone, that is. (Nope, not referring to hair color here : ) as older readers will remember.) Hi, everyone. I'm new to AC, having found it through my searches on rooting. I've read the articles here, and I see that rooting is not for the faint-hearted. However, I'm daring at times and thought I'd ask you guys if I'm a candidate: my phone is a DroidX using 2.2.1. I inherited it from my sister-in-law--which means I'm looking at info I can't get rid of (her Facebook contacts, her account, her auto-backup, etc.). I created a 'favorite' group of my own contacts, but it's a couple of extra taps to get to it, and there are other inconveniences I'd like to manage. I'm far enough into using this phone that I don't want to factory-reset; yet, I'm nervous that rooting would disable functionality I do have. I have a little bit of savvy (remembering some old commands from my DOS days), but it's probably true that I know just enough to be dangerous. What are your thoughts? Dare I root?? I'm skeered.
Bubba's Mom (ps. I won't be back on-line until tomorrow. If someone's kind enough to reply, please bear in mind that I won't see your comment until then.)

IT-Addicted

May 26, 2014
Visit site
You definitely should root you device. For my G2 it took 5 minutes, but I really don't know how long or difficult is on other devices .You get too many privileges after root so I recommend you to do that.

Posted from my G2

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
If you haven't already, take a look at this article: http://m.androidcentral.com/rooting-it-me-some-qa

Rooting is not for everyone. If you are fine with the device as is the no need to root. If there's something missing, or a feature is desired that only root provides, then consider it.

Let us know what you decide.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app