- 165 Posts
So, whats the true scoop on li-ion batteries??
some places say they never like to be drained. some places say its good to drain them once a month. other places say never drain them and charge them to full whenever possible.
some places say leaving it plugged in all night is no issue. other places say the extra heat is not good.
some places say fully charge, others say partial is better.
what is the true truth on the matter? or, is there one? I came across that battery university website but it didnt really seem to explain all too much in full details, except in technical terms i couldnt really understand.
- 05-29-2014, 12:57 AM #2
- 2,627 Posts
Re: So, whats the true scoop on li-ion batteries??
The truth is ignore it, use it, enjoy it.
The thing is Lithium-ion batteries are a product of Quantum Physics and if Quantum Physics isn't clear to you then the reality of Lithium-ion will be equally elusive.
Lithium-ion batteries are a paradox, In theory they should only be charged once and then run forever but the reality is that theory is wrong but the batteries still work and that is just par for the course with Quantum Physics.
- By rjl2 in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 23Last Post: 09-14-2014, 03:38 PM
- By samger2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 05-29-2014, 03:51 PM
- By yoshi351 in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 6Last Post: 05-29-2014, 06:21 AM
- By Rajeev Kumar5 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 05-29-2014, 05:25 AM
- By emad1995 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3 in Canada (Bell/Rogers/Telus)Replies: 2Last Post: 05-29-2014, 02:58 AM