android, google+ photos, and picasa

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place but this is really irritating me.

so as most of you probably know, every picture you take ends up on g+ photos unless you turn it off. well, I was wanting to know if any of you could help me get my photos from my phone -> g+ -> picasa so I can have them on my computer along with my phone. I have no problem getting them to google +, but the trouble is, getting them from G+ to picasa, picasa will sync some of them (4 in total) but not the majority of the auto backed up ones. is there something I'm doing wrong here? It just doesn't seem to want to sync ANY auto backup pictures that I have stored on G+. I'm also sorryif this is hard to explain, I'm very frustrated and tired at this point, but if I need to clear anything up I will.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying you can't access the uploaded photos from your G+ Photos on the web? You should be able to download them to your computer from G+, no need to try to access Picasa, since they're the same thing.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying you can't access the uploaded photos from your G+ Photos on the web? You should be able to download them to your computer from G+, no need to try to access Picasa, since they're the same thing.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

No that's not what I'm saying, I can easily access them on g+ but I want them automatically uploaded to my computer from g+ when I take pictures with my phone, instead of going to g+ and downloading them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not aware of any program or service that will automatically download photos from the cloud that were just automatically backed up from your phone, be it from Google+ or some other cloud like Dropbox. I was going to suggest Eye-Fi, but that requires a full SD slot, not microSD. Maybe someone else here can suggest something I'm not aware of.

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not aware of any program or service that will automatically download photos from the cloud that were just automatically backed up from your phone, be it from Google+ or some other cloud like Dropbox. I was going to suggest Eye-Fi, but that requires a full SD slot, not microSD. Maybe someone else here can suggest something I'm not aware of.
Well Picasa did manage to get a few photos from it and I have nothing else but backed up pictures.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
From what I can tell, it looks like you can only manually import photos from Google+ using the Picasa program. I can't find any setting to make it automatically import. Are you sure those 4 photos were automatically imported by Picasa, or could they have been on your computer to start with, perhaps imported some other way?

May 30, 2014
Visit site
From what I can tell, it looks like you can only manually import photos from Google+ using the Picasa program. I can't find any setting to make it automatically import. Are you sure those 4 photos were automatically imported by Picasa, or could they have been on your computer to start with, perhaps imported some other way?
Actually I just realized its not automatic, but there is still an option to import from google+.
and yeah I'm sure theyre from g+ because thats the only place these particular photos would have been besides my phone, and they showed up as soon as I hit import from g+

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
With that import option, you can select all G+ folders or only some of them. Do you have it set to all folders?

May 30, 2014
Visit site
With that import option, you can select all G+ folders or only some of them. Do you have it set to all folders?
Yeah I do. But I got to thinking, most of the pictures are only auto backed up, and not in any specific folder, I'm about to trying putting them all into a folder and trying it that way.