Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default black screen, how to...?

Ok, I am quite dumb in the tech world: old generation, knows very little about smart phone, just use it as a basic phone & camera.
    I bought a Samsung Galaxy ACE II recently. Yesterday I accidentally dropped it off from the bed then it turned black screen. When I click the power button, in the middle some bright white lettering "GT-S7560M" showed up with another line of small letters at the bottom. The phone kind of vibrated a little then turned back to black screen again. I found someone on this forum saying press"power+volume down+home" can hard reset the phone. I tried, but the same result w/ same lettering then turned black. People cannot call me cause it directly connects to my voice mail. I charged this morning but not sure if it was really charging, nothing displayed.

What should I do??? Please help. I bought w/ about $160 two months ago. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Default Re: black screen, how to...?

Welcome to Android Central! Check the battery--make sure it's snug in its slot, and not loose. If the drop jarred it loose, then perhaps the device is only getting a very tenuous power supply. You could also try taking the battery out, placing it flat on a table, and trying to spin it. If it spins freely, that means it's bulging in the middle and is therefore failing--the drop might have been coincidental.

Another thing to try would be to power off, then try booting into Recovery following the instructions in this video. Then select Wipe Cache Partition (NOT Wipe Data/Factory Reset), and when that's complete, Reboot System Now.