Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theduder
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dns look up noaa website

I used to be able to go to NOAA's site and use my saved pages. I'm now getting DNS lookup failed(for about 2 weeks) and cannot even get to NOAA basic site. Any help on how I can fix this?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Dns look up noaa website

Anyone? Only happens on NOAA websites on my note 3 on LTE. I am not using wifi.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Bueller, anyone???

It (NOAA - National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) comes up normally on Verizon LTE.

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache, or deleting the saved pages or rebooting/power off/on phone? Are you rooted and have any custom entries in the hosts file that could be causing an issue? Does it happen with another web browser?

Otherwise, if all else fails may want to contact your carrier.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

The server at*www.noaa.gov*can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing*Internet*from accessing the network.

This is what I get when i try noaa. I can use the pages for a day or two then get this. Anyone have a work around? I'm not on wifi but phone Internet.

Call your mobile carrier. They issue the DNS resolver bindings and maintain the caching resolving servers you're using.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Rukbat likes this.