- 133 Posts
Internal Storage on 4.0.4
Is it called "sd card" or "usb storage app" or both??
ive noticed some apps having numbers other than 0 in both of those spots, and it leaves me very confused as i thought nothing could be moved to the true external SD card...?
when i look at the contents of my external i see no folder having to do with those apps or "android/data/those apps" at all...
so why would it store on 2 separate locations on the internal?
- 06-01-2014, 04:47 PM #2
Re: Internal Storage on 4.0.4
It depends on the manufacturer of the device. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a standard terminology.
With older devices and Android versions, you can have App Storage (where apps are installed), Internal Storage (aka Internal SD, which is part of the onboard storage, but partitioned to act like an SD card), and External SD (the physical microSD card that you can insert). Usually, moving an app to SD means moving it to the Internal Storage/Internal SD, not the external SD.
Keep in mind that apps may use the external SD card to write data, so if you see directories on sdcard1, for example, it's probably doesn't contain the actual app files--instead, it probably contains data that the app creates.
- By euromaltese in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 02-17-2015, 07:11 PM
- By jamesino in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2014, 10:29 PM
- By Telomir in forum T-MobileReplies: 23Last Post: 07-30-2014, 07:58 PM
- By Auranx in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 06-01-2014, 11:44 PM
- By brittanyculbertson1991 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 ActiveReplies: 1Last Post: 06-01-2014, 08:27 AM