Samsung galaxy ace problem

fishbowl38

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
hi,
my friend told me to root his samsung galazy ace. I am trying to put cyanogenmod on but it does not have a custom recovery on or custom rom on. However, the actual OS on the phone does not boot and is stuck at the words android in white when booting so i cannot enable adb. as a result, i cannot mount USB to computer so put the files in to install. also, i cannot install a custom recovery. When try adb devices, it comes up with. S5830ae3cb945 recovery. However, when i try to flash on cyaogenmod, it comes up with <waiting for device>. Currently i do not see how i can either flash on cyanogenmod or put it in the sd card. I do not have an external sd card reader to plug in to my computer. thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would use Odin to recover your stock ROM. Once you do, and you won't be rooted anymore, you can reroot. Now, most rooting processes have you flash a custom recovery, and it's the custom recovery that you should use to flash CM.

What instructions did you follow?

fishbowl38

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I would use Odin to recover your stock ROM. Once you do, and you won't be rooted anymore, you can reroot. Now, most rooting processes have you flash a custom recovery, and it's the custom recovery that you should use to flash CM.

What instructions did you follow?

hey, thanks for the instructions. I got this from a friend who wanted me to root the device after he failed to do so and left it in this situation. I've never had a samsung device so wasn't aware of the odin thing and download mode. When it came to rooting it, i knew what i was doing.

Thanks again, only got back to this after my holiday so sorry for the late reply

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hey, thanks for the instructions. I got this from a friend who wanted me to root the device after he failed to do so and left it in this situation. I've never had a samsung device so wasn't aware of the odin thing and download mode. When it came to rooting it, i knew what i was doing.

Thanks again, only got back to this after my holiday so sorry for the late reply

No sweat. Did you get everything sorted out?