hi,
    my friend told me to root his samsung galazy ace. I am trying to put cyanogenmod on but it does not have a custom recovery on or custom rom on. However, the actual OS on the phone does not boot and is stuck at the words android in white when booting so i cannot enable adb. as a result, i cannot mount USB to computer so put the files in to install. also, i cannot install a custom recovery. When try adb devices, it comes up with. S5830ae3cb945 recovery. However, when i try to flash on cyaogenmod, it comes up with <waiting for device>. Currently i do not see how i can either flash on cyanogenmod or put it in the sd card. I do not have an external sd card reader to plug in to my computer. thanks
    06-03-2014 08:54 AM
    I would use Odin to recover your stock ROM. Once you do, and you won't be rooted anymore, you can reroot. Now, most rooting processes have you flash a custom recovery, and it's the custom recovery that you should use to flash CM.

What instructions did you follow?
    06-03-2014 09:30 AM
    I would use Odin to recover your stock ROM. Once you do, and you won't be rooted anymore, you can reroot. Now, most rooting processes have you flash a custom recovery, and it's the custom recovery that you should use to flash CM.

What instructions did you follow?
    hey, thanks for the instructions. I got this from a friend who wanted me to root the device after he failed to do so and left it in this situation. I've never had a samsung device so wasn't aware of the odin thing and download mode. When it came to rooting it, i knew what i was doing.

Thanks again, only got back to this after my holiday so sorry for the late reply
    06-10-2014 01:31 PM
    hey, thanks for the instructions. I got this from a friend who wanted me to root the device after he failed to do so and left it in this situation. I've never had a samsung device so wasn't aware of the odin thing and download mode. When it came to rooting it, i knew what i was doing.

Thanks again, only got back to this after my holiday so sorry for the late reply
    No sweat. Did you get everything sorted out?
    06-10-2014 05:26 PM