Can I disable updates for specific apps?

Gregorich

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi gang,

Hopefully this is the right forum. I was curious if there was a way to disable updates for specific apps on an android?
I own a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I always have the apps that came with the phone wanting to be updated. I don't use them since I consider many of them to be a waste of space on my phone and would rather get rid of them, but would at least like to stop the updating for them.
Thanks for any advice and tips!

Cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Disable updates for specific apps

Welcome to Android Central! You should be able to Disable (or "Turn Off," which I think is the Samsung term) most preinstalled apps that you don't want. If they're turned off, they won't prompt you for updates. Go to your App Manager, select the app in question, and tap Disable or Turn Off. This doesn't remove the app from your storage (you'd have to root the phone to do that), but it does prevent the app from opening and taking up any system RAM.

Gregorich

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

That's great! I appreciate the help! It worked like a charm. I turned off quite a bit and helped save a bit of space on RAM.
If I were interested in learning more about rooting my phone is there a link to read up on that?

Cheers,

Gregorich

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

I'm on Bell, which is Canadian.
I'll give the forums a look unless there's a specific Bell link.
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante