Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By odd135
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Default Can NEC Terrain be rooted

I am looking for confirmation that anyone has succeeded in rooting the NEC Terrain (NE-201A1A).
    I have seen people having trouble and questionable/incomplete postings but I haven't seen a definitive yes.

Although I have been using Nexus7s this is my first Android phone. (I'm a webOS lover.). I will dive in and learn, if I know that I'm not heading at a brick wall.

Thanks

Default Re: Can NEC Terrain be rooted

It appears to be impossible; I tried contacting NEC to see if they'd release the information required to root the phone (since there is no reason for them to care about it anymore), but they try to make you jump through hoops and fill out forms, which I'm not doing because they'd likely say no anyway.
    belodion likes this.

Default Re: Can NEC Terrain be rooted

Not sure if you already bought it, but I bought one of these, had a friend bring to Europe from the US and was so glad I could sell it on to someone else. Less than a month before you start using, phone gets really slow, no space in the internal memory and ofc, can't put apps in the SD card because there is no root and probably there never will be. Only good thing about it is the physical keyboard.