Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation My Samsung GS5 keeps connecting to earphones on and off and on even when not plugged in, Help!

So I got a GS5 for like two weeks now and have started using the headphones a lot more. Today after unplugging my headphones I realized that it was still "plugged on" my phone. I tried fixing it by putting the headphones in and out (that's what she said) but it still didn't work! So I decided to restart my phone.

It worked!... for 5 minutes. It started to happen again when It was on portrait, this time it keeps notifying me about it being connected on and on. I tried flipping it to normal and lightly shaking it, to no avail. I decided to turn it off so that it won't get further damaged and boot up my pc so I can get help from you guys.

I dipped the phone under water like 2 hours before plugging in my headphones. I am really worried that it might've been because of the water messing this up and I am even more worried that my warranty might become void if the water has damaged my phone!

Default Re: My Samsung GS5 keeps connecting to earphones on and off and on even when not plugged in, Help!

Hey the same thing is happening to me! Did you do anything to fix it?

Default Re: My Samsung GS5 keeps connecting to earphones on and off and on even when not plugged in, Help!

Welcome to Android Central! Did you also submerge the phone for that long?

Try booting into Recovery Mode and wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

That did not work I hate this phone

I have emailed you twice no reply