Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default False text message notifications

Ever since I did the update to Kit Kat or whatever it's called, I've had an issue.

It goes like this. I just received a text message from a 570 number. I click the notification, and it opens to a new text message draft. I click back, to go to my messages, and there's nothing there. Then I close the messaging app, and my text messaging widget has a little 1, signifying I have a text. I even delete all my text messages, and it's still there.

I do know people from the 570 area code, but why am I receiving ghost texts from them, and how do I fix it?

Default Re: False text message notifications

Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps>All, select the Messaging app, and Clear Cache.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: False text message notifications

Actually, I've since discovered who that number belongs to. It's part of a group message. This person replied to the group message sent by my sister in law, which I didn't receive at all, even though it shows on my mothers phone that it was sent to me.

Yeah, if I clear the cache and restart my phone, it goes away. But I want it to stop happening entirely... I'd like to actually receive these group messages.