Is there a Flash player for Android 4.2.2?

Charles Ray1

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Adobe flash player isn't supported for my RCA tablet . Is there one that will work and easy (for me) so I can use Facebook to see and talk to my grandkids? Thank you for support.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Flash player for Android 4.2.2

You need two things to make a work around. First, Chrome doesn't support it even if you have Flash installed. If you're using that, you'll need another browser. I use a basic AOSP based browser because I like the simplicity, but there's plenty of others that I'm sure people will chime in with too.

Next you need to download the Flash APK. The most common way I've heard is to find it on Adobe's site in their downloads section. You'll need to make sure the ability to install from unknown sources is turned on in your device settings because anything that isn't downloaded from Play (and I think Amazon) is considered "unknown" to the OS. Once downloaded, run the APK and it should be good to go on the browser of choice that supports Flash.

If that install option doesn't work, you can try going into Play > Installed Apps > All tab. That will show a list of every app you've had installed, even if it's not currently on your tablet. You may find Flash in there if it was ever installed on one of your devices, and can install from there. I had to go that route after losing Flash in an OS update and side loading from Adobe's website wasn't working for some reason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21