Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card issues?

I bought a new sd card today.I works in 1 tablet,but doesn't read in another?How do I fix it so I can move apps from internal to sd in the emerson tablet?
    Last edited by Golfdriver97; 09-24-2014 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Clarified Thread Title
  2. Best Answer

Welcome to Android Central! Sometimes microSD cards don't work because of a problem with the device, and sometimes they don't work because the card is faulty or counterfeit. What devices are you using? Emerson tablets are very much budget devices, and so their hardware or firmware may not be of the highest quality. If it's the Emerson tablet that can't read the SD card, my guess is that it's a problem with that tablet, not the card. Make sure the tablet's operating system is fully up to date by going to Settings>About Tablet>System Updates. You might also find updates at the Emerson support website. The other option is to contact Emerson and inquire about warranty repair or replacement.

To check if your microSD card is counterfeit, install SD Insight on the tablet that works--this app can tell you the exact details about the card.

Default Re: SD Card

Welcome to Android Central! Sometimes microSD cards don't work because of a problem with the device, and sometimes they don't work because the card is faulty or counterfeit. What devices are you using? Emerson tablets are very much budget devices, and so their hardware or firmware may not be of the highest quality. If it's the Emerson tablet that can't read the SD card, my guess is that it's a problem with that tablet, not the card. Make sure the tablet's operating system is fully up to date by going to Settings>About Tablet>System Updates. You might also find updates at the Emerson support website. The other option is to contact Emerson and inquire about warranty repair or replacement.

To check if your microSD card is counterfeit, install SD Insight on the tablet that works--this app can tell you the exact details about the card.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: SD Card

Also, if the card is too large for the device, it won't read the card, so make sure that both of your devices can read a card of that size.