Using one SIM card for multiple phones, is it possible to do without having to deal with Verizon?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
So if I want to use the SIM card from my contract HTC One M8 for multiple phones to keep the same number. Would it be possible to do so without having to deal with Verizon? Also, as soon as I sign into Google, I'd have all my contacts right?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sure, but each phone would have to have an account. Verizon is CDMA, not GSM. The SIM card is for data, not for network connection. You'd have to change your account's current ESN (which is on the box the phone comes in and on a label under the battery on phones that have removable batteries. (And a dial code, which is different for different manufacturers.)

Verizon used to have someplace on the website to do the change (after you log in). If they don't still do that, you'd have to call customer service every time you wanted to swap phones.

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
yes, you can swap them, as long as both phones use the same type of sim. just put the sim in whichever phone you want to use and go on about your business, when you're ready to switch back, just go for it. i've done it several times. no problems.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
yes, you can swap them, as long as both phones use the same type of sim. just put the sim in whichever phone you want to use and go on about your business, when you're ready to switch back, just go for it. i've done it several times. no problems.

Correct, I do the same

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Moto G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar