Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mamawM
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using one SIM card for multiple phones, is it possible to do without having to deal with Verizon?

So if I want to use the SIM card from my contract HTC One M8 for multiple phones to keep the same number. Would it be possible to do so without having to deal with Verizon? Also, as soon as I sign into Google, I'd have all my contacts right?
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.

ROM
    X-Note7.0.1

Default Re: Using one SIM card for multiple phones, is it possible to do without having to deal with Verizon

Sure, but each phone would have to have an account. Verizon is CDMA, not GSM. The SIM card is for data, not for network connection. You'd have to change your account's current ESN (which is on the box the phone comes in and on a label under the battery on phones that have removable batteries. (And a dial code, which is different for different manufacturers.)

Verizon used to have someplace on the website to do the change (after you log in). If they don't still do that, you'd have to call customer service every time you wanted to swap phones.

ROM
    xtrrom 4.6.5

Default Re: Using one SIM card for multiple phones, is it possible to do without having to deal with Verizon

yes, you can swap them, as long as both phones use the same type of sim. just put the sim in whichever phone you want to use and go on about your business, when you're ready to switch back, just go for it. i've done it several times. no problems.
    Thanked by:
    TeritorialDemon likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mamawM View Post
    yes, you can swap them, as long as both phones use the same type of sim. just put the sim in whichever phone you want to use and go on about your business, when you're ready to switch back, just go for it. i've done it several times. no problems.
    Correct, I do the same

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Moto G
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Good to know I can just switch SIMs, because I can't find the ESN thing on Verizon's website.
    I'm gonna get flak but I'd rather have Sense over Stock Android for my daily driver.

Global Posts
    6,362 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

You can use the same SAM bit you may need a SIM adapter if the SIMs aren't the same size.

NoTe 3 2 1nFiNiT1
    Live long and prosper.