Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to get phone to boot just from plugging into wall charger?

Hi,

I have an LG Lucid. The power button on it has been broken for a while now. Just recently I decided to plug it into a charger to see what would happen, and what do I know, the phone boots up right away instead of going to the typical battery charging screen. I cannot replicate this now, and I'm wondering how it happened the first time, and what I can do to have it work again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: How to get phone to boot just from plugging into wall charger?

Not sure how to replicate that. Sounds like you got lucky because simply plugging in a device that is completely discharged or turned off shouldn't power it on other than showing the charging animation.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    9,238 Global Posts
    ROM
    Modified Stock 4.4.2

Default Re: How to get phone to boot just from plugging into wall charger?

It sounds as if, just as you plugged the charger in, you jostled the power switch enough to make it make contact long enough to turn the phone on. You'd actually have to modify the hardware in the phone to get a "boot on power" function. It would be far easier to replace the power switch.