Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Need help reinstalling or updating ROM Android 4.2.2. on Lenovo S860. Will reimburse.

Hi,

After throwing away my stock dialer on the Lenovo S860, and installing a new one, my phone is fooked. At first it only went to Skype dialer and I could only use voip. After unistalling skype the phone shows 'security problem' on the bottom left corner. Stays there on all screens. Factory reset didn't work. If I hit call settings it will say 'unfortunately, settings has stopped'. There are a looooot of other features with the same message.
    Now if I need to start over anyway, I much rather have Kitkat instead of 4.2.2. I tried to follow instructions on ROM Lenovo S860 VibeUI | [Official]-[Updated] add the 06/05/2014 on Needrom , but I am simply too noob.
    I managed to open it up carefully, but that had no use. The thing won't go in recovery btw..had to use Mobileuncle but I even got lost there.
    Long story short: who, preferably in Europe (because of shipping), can fix this for me. Of course I will reimburse.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Need help reinstalling or updating ROM Android 4.2.2. on Lenovo S860. Will reimburse.

VICTORY! I managed to install the KITKAT version by renaming the file to update.zip and putting it into the root folder. The S860 does not have an sdcard. I can't get gapps going…it looks like it should be installed on the sd card in order to work..anybody an idea?