Will samsung galaxy s4 mini get emoji after android kitkat update???

simeonsmm

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Will samsung galaxy s4 mini get emoji after android kitkat update..and can samsung galaxy s4 mini be able to read emojis and show them as they are after the update?? I read somewhere that it will have emojis but im not sure

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Kit Kat officially added support for emojis, and the GS4/5 and Note 3 received them, so I'm sure the mini will get it too.

simeonsmm

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Kit Kat officially added support for emojis, and the GS4/5 and Note 3 received them, so I'm sure the mini will get it too.

Thanks!! Let's hope s4 mini gets it because i love them but i can't see them.And one other question when will android kitkat be released for my phone?? :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks!! Let's hope s4 mini gets it because i love them but i can't see them.And one other question when will android kitkat be released for my phone?? :)

Not sure. Depends on your carrier, but it has been out for some time so hopefully soon

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
show them as they are
That's just what you DON'T want. Am emoji, as it is, is a couple of text characters. You want the emoji shown, not the text characters.

A smiley - as it is - is : ) (without the space). You want it shown as :), which is not "as it is". This forum translates the : ) as a smiling Andy character. Some programs translate it as a yellow round smiley. But that's not as it is. As it is, it's just two characters. It's the same thing with emojis.

techiewantabe

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Updated today and it was supposed to have emoticons but mine didnt come through. Actually , somethings are worse and I'm not sure yet what to do

Posted via Android Central App