Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Acer Iconia A100 - App Store Wont Open, Android Won't Update.

What i've tried:
    Setdate + Clearing App Store Data + Framework
    Rebooting
    Factory Reset
    Opening Play Music
    Opening Talk

The Issue
    I noticed my mom's tablet wasn't downloading any apps (at this point app store was working) i would hit install but nothing would download so i did a factory reset i figured i was taking it over anyway so might aswell set up from scratch after the tablet turned on this is what came up

"Unfortunately, Calendar has stopped."
    "Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped"
    "Unfortunately, android keyboard has stopped" (this part i fixed by clearing data and force stopping)

When i try to open Play Music or anything google related with the exception of youtube it says i can not connect to the servers, When i try to do a system update it comes up with

"Network Coverage
    Network coverage is poor. Please move to a location with better coverage to continue."

Meanwhile i'm sitting right next to my modem and have a strong connection

everything i see while googling this asks if im rooted and im not i really dont know what to do this is my first android device.

Acer support will not help me, I Contacted them and they basically said my warranty had expired so i cant get support.

Acer
    Android Version: 4.0.3
    Model Number: A100
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Acer Iconia A100 - App Store Wont Open, Android Won't Update.

just talked to support again they said they want me to pay 249+ tax to get it fixed...

Default Re: Acer Iconia A100 - App Store Wont Open, Android Won't Update.

I've got the same problem..nice to know our acer a100 is now a boat anker!!! At $249 we are better off buying another brand....too bad I really liked it.