Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Choice of Dialer app.

Alongside the stock Android dialer app I have two others...
    (1) DW Contacts & Phone
    ...https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....free&hl=en-GB
    (2) BT SmartTalk
    ...https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eaway&hl=en-GB

The Contacts presentation in both stock Android and BT SmartTalk is hugely inferior to that available in other apps. So I use DW Contacts & Phone as my Contacts vehicle. This has a facility whereby when you long-press the dial icon it presents a menu giving options like..
    Call using...
    (1) In-built DW dialer
    (2) Stock Android dialer
    (3) and others
    ... SmartTalk does not appear on this. The menu is, *I think*, a stock Android menu, not certain. Anyway it would be very useful if SmartTalk did appear there and accepted a number passed to it by DW. Is there something that the SmartTalk app needs to do (like set a system parameter) to cause it to appear on this menu? With this info I might then be able to have the SmartTalk developer fix their app to do what I want. Essentially what is the trigger in Android for apps to present themselves in options menus?

Global Posts
    22,226 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Choice of Dialer app.

Perhaps you could send an email to the developer asking if they could make the changes?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Exactly, but I would like to have a conversation based on some basic knowledge on my part.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I made progress with this in that the DW developer now has SmartTalk (ST) appear on the menu but when called with the number ST opens for a moment and then closes. So I am pursuing a solution with the ST developer.