Choice of Dialer app.
Alongside the stock Android dialer app I have two others...
(1) DW Contacts & Phone
(2) BT SmartTalk
The Contacts presentation in both stock Android and BT SmartTalk is hugely inferior to that available in other apps. So I use DW Contacts & Phone as my Contacts vehicle. This has a facility whereby when you long-press the dial icon it presents a menu giving options like..
(1) In-built DW dialer
(2) Stock Android dialer
(3) and others
... SmartTalk does not appear on this. The menu is, *I think*, a stock Android menu, not certain. Anyway it would be very useful if SmartTalk did appear there and accepted a number passed to it by DW. Is there something that the SmartTalk app needs to do (like set a system parameter) to cause it to appear on this menu? With this info I might then be able to have the SmartTalk developer fix their app to do what I want. Essentially what is the trigger in Android for apps to present themselves in options menus?
- 06-11-2014, 10:12 AM #2
Re: Choice of Dialer app.
I made progress with this in that the DW developer now has SmartTalk (ST) appear on the menu but when called with the number ST opens for a moment and then closes. So I am pursuing a solution with the ST developer.
- By Matthew Toope in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 10-02-2014, 09:45 PM
- By floramcdonnell in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 11Last Post: 06-23-2014, 09:58 PM
- By xpcjx87 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 5Last Post: 06-13-2014, 01:53 PM
- By Nguyen Van Quy in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-11-2014, 01:05 PM
- By superstardeejay in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-11-2014, 11:53 AM