Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default logitech bluetooth keyboard for ipad, compatibility with android?

Hi

I have a Nexus I

I called logitech a while back and a knowledgeable rep answered and said that the logitech bluetooth keyboard for ipad works with android, just the keys with blue icons, the special functions, won't work but the rest will work.

He was right, I bought it and it worked.

I since lost that one, and bought another.

This one I bought, i'm finding that the space and backdelete don't work for a long while, and sometimes can suddenly start functioning after a long while.

I would like to return it for a replacement. I called Logitech but they said it wasn' t compatible with Android and if it worked it just worked for me. But it's not supported.

I think the first guy was right.. (the one that said it is supported) was right, and the backspace and space keys malfunctioning now are not related to it being android with the keyboard. Because it used to work.

Is there anybody here that can prove that it is supported?

Default Re: logitech bluetooth keyboard for ipad, compatibility with android?

It doesn't support Android but there is no reason is shouldn't work. Understand "support" here only stands for getting customer service for. If a product "supports" something it only means they are able to offer customer service to make it work. If it doesn't work and is not supported then you return it but don't seek customer service.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

the second rep I spoke to , that said it's not supported, said you can't show that it doesn't work unless you try it on an ipad. I do not have an ipad nor do I know anybody I can ask that does.

Global Posts
    8,479 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

I've had one of these keyboards for a while and it works just fine with Android. No issues whatsoever.

Hi5 to the sV
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by gargavf View Post
    the second rep I spoke to , that said it's not supported, said you can't show that it doesn't work unless you try it on an ipad. I do not have an ipad nor do I know anybody I can ask that does.
    By the sound of it your trying for a warranty claim? Because if your still within the 30-day return window they can't stipulate proof for the return.

P.S. If you bought it with a credit card check with them because alot of them include a warranty with every purchase.