Help opening PDF files from Google Chrome

otago22

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
I am a new user of the Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition after switching from an iPad. However I am having trouble when trying to open PDF files from my internet browser (Google Chrome) the file begins to "download" however it never finishes.
Is there a way that Google chrome can just open the PDF in a new window in chrome without having to actually download it? I know on my iPad I could do this with no issues, on iPad the files just opened in a new window?

Can someone please help its driving me nuts and is very frustrating!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
PDF files can't be read from within the browser on Android devices--you need some kind of PDF reader app, of which there are many. What should happen is that the PDF should download, then you swipe down the notifications and tap on the PDF download. If you've never viewed a PDF before, it should ask you which app to use to open it.

Are you saying the downloaded PDFs don't appear in your Downloads? Try using a file manager app and navigate to the Download folder--do you see any of them there?

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here using Samsung Note 12. I don't want to download PDF. I just want to read it in browser. I don't want to download it then find an app to read it then navigate to the file and delete it. This is the most simple thing to do in Windows but seems difficult in Android.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz