Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Contacts on my S5

I recently upgraded from an S4 to an S5. Now along with the S5 I also purchased a Tab 3. I am trying to synch my contacts now between both. It turns out that the contacts now on the S5 are device oriented and will not synch. How do I go from Device oriented contacts to contacts associated with my Google account without manually re-entering all contact information?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Contacts on my S5

Quote Originally Posted by jmagid51 View Post
    I recently upgraded from an S4 to an S5. Now along with the S5 I also purchased a Tab 3. I am trying to synch my contacts now between both. It turns out that the contacts now on the S5 are device oriented and will not synch. How do I go from Device oriented contacts to contacts associated with my Google account without manually re-entering all contact information?

Have you tired putting the same gmail account you have used with S4 to S5 and tab3??? I would say just put the same gmail account that you have used and all will be synchronized automatically.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried an experiment and added a new contact on my S5 but instead of saving to "device" I saved it to my Google address. It worked fine. Now I am looking for a way to move my other contacts that were "deviced" based to that same Google address. How is that done with an existing contact?

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Problem solved ... but I cheated. I exported all of my contacts to an SD card. I them imported the same contacts back under my Google account. All is well but I am sure there is a better way to do it.