Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Help for Odin

I tried to flash a downloaded firmware using Odin for my Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 S7275R phone and i checked the 'Re-partition' box because i want it first to wipe all data but Odin writes an error and refuses to continue. What should i do?
  2. Best Answer

The only time you should be selecting re-partition is if the instructions say so included with the TAR package that you obtained for Odin. It will usually be accompanied with what is called a " PIT " file that has specific instructions for the repartitioning.

Try running the package again without repartition checked. Odin always wipes the device clean on flashing unless otherwise noted.

Default Re: Help for Odin

The only time you should be selecting re-partition is if the instructions say so included with the TAR package that you obtained for Odin. It will usually be accompanied with what is called a " PIT " file that has specific instructions for the repartitioning.

Try running the package again without repartition checked. Odin always wipes the device clean on flashing unless otherwise noted.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.